I don’t have a lot of success with clothes on Amazon, so I’ve been shocked at just how much I’m loving these two finds! This bodysuit is incredibly soft against the skin, and these trousers are one of the best fitting options I’ve found, especially at this price point. Scroll down to also see how this combo looks switched up with a blazer or a sweater.
If you’re looking for an alternative to my beloved crepe Sloane pants or Farah pants (read below for how those compare), I’m truly impressed by these Amazon pants for the price! I’ve worn them for girls night with a crop top and to meetings with a blazer, and they’ve been easy to care for with a machine wash and hang dry. A few things to consider if ordering:
- Waist style: This is the first time I’ve seen the option to choose either elastic back waist, or flat back waist with no elastic. Look at the style number – #001 has an elastic back, while #006 has a flat back. Also check their size chart, since the listed waist measurement differs for the 2 styles of waistbands.
- Shipping time: Each color has a different shipping time listed, with in-stock colors arriving in 2 days vs others taking several weeks.
- Lengths: Short, Regular, and Long. I would go by the inseams listed in the size chart, and not the recommended height ranges. I’m 5′ tall, and found the Short to be a little shorter than most petite trousers on the market – short enough for me to wear with platform sneakers and low shoes.
- Fabric: I’ve only tried the “thin” khaki fabric, which is flowy and lightweight. Note that some reviews mentioned the thin white color was see through.
- Measurements: The XS Short 001 style I have is 12.5″ across the waist (when lying flat and un-stretched), 11″ rise, and 26″ inseam.
Comparison to my favorite trousers
Compared to my crepe AF Sloane pants (currently on sale + an extra 15% off with my code AFJEAN), the Sloane crepe fabric is noticeably thicker, and feels a little more elevated than the Amazon pants. The Sloane “short” length is longer, the waist fits smaller, and is available in a broader size range. While the crepe Sloane remains a top favorite, I’m really liking the Amazon pants for a lighter weight, easy-care option that works with lower shoes.
Compared to my Z Supply Farah pants (see on me), the Farah is made of a completely different fabric (textured, breezy linen rayon blend) which feels more summery casual and laid back. The Farah has a wider cut leg throughout, and comes in one length which is floor length on me but cropped for someone taller. The Farah XS fits similar at the waist and length to the Amazon pants in XS Short.
I had also ordered the “viral” Amazon pants with 15,000 reviews but they did not work for me. These were more like palazzo pants, and the Short felt a little too short given how wide they were.