1) New Packed Party Patio Collection- I've shared various pieces multiple times in the past (y'all loved their Christmas stuff as much as I did!) but here's a heads up that Packed Party has some new pieces out with Walmart! Their things are always so colorful and fun, including not only the cutest paper goods and decor pieces but new hair tools, peel and stick wallpaper, and wireless speakers too!
String Lights || Plaid Scalloped Paper Plates || Leopard Spot Fringe Napkins || Confetti Hairbrush || Gold Glitter Wide Comb || Colorblock Taper Candles || Scallop Edge Candle Holders- will update with link when possible!
I picked some things that caught my eye or that I own and love, but I wanted to link every piece! See the entire line here. (I've found some things in store that aren't on the website, take a look the next time you're in. Most of this Patio collection is usually at the front of the Home/Drug side with other seasonal items, but they also have things in the hair accessories and party aisles. The candles and scalloped candle holders keep showing up and then disappearing off the website, I'll add those when I can but picked mine up in store.)
2) Medallion Sandals- Several years ago I made what I thought was an investment purchase and bought my first pair of Tory Burch Miller sandals. After the first Summer of wear a spot on the footbed started to wear, and it eventually turned into a full blown hole!
I loved the color and style of the sandals but I was so disappointed in the quality for the price tag, I expected to wear them for years and get my money's worth out of them. I know that many people have a great experience with them but I did not, so I went in search of a similar style from a different brand. Found a winner from one of my favorite brands, in the same light gold metallic color that goes with everything! AND... at about 1/4 of the price of TB! The look is similar and dare I say I almost like these better? The double strap feels a bit more secure on my foot.
I found these several places and am linking them all here, get details by clicking on each photo. Some of the photos are the same but they are all from different retailers- sizes and colors vary at each so hopefully you can find what you need from one of them. I've also linked a couple that are the same style but different brands from Amazon with good reviews and an even better price point. I'd say they are true to size but if you're in between sizes or don't want the back of your heel to hang off at all go up a 1/2 size. Also just a note, totally normal for the color on the footbed of the metallic style to wear off (just like my TB ones did- that didn't bother me as much as the giant hole!😂) but the color on the piece across the top of your foot will stay true with wear.
3) Summer Tote- I needed to freshen up my Summer accessories and went on the hunt for a new straw-type tote. I succeeded and found a great affordable bag that looks much more expensive than it is!
It's a generous size but not heavy, has several interior pockets and one pocket on the outside that's perfect for your phone, a detachable crossbody strap, and the top zips closed if you want it to. It comes in 3 different colors, and there are also a few different versions/sizes of it with the same look and materials as this one, I'll link those below!
I also came across several other cute bags in my search and picked up a traditional straw tote too!
4) Super comfy $16 PJs- One of my IG friends posted the cutest new pjs she came across, and I had to try some for myself! She shared the fruit pattern which I wanted to check out, but I also snagged this darling light animal print pair, couldn't resist! They are so super soft, true to size, don't shrink, the shorts have pockets!, and I don't notice them sleeping warm. They come in many colors and you bet I plan to add a monogram to the top!
5) Dresses I'm loving- I shared a some cute Spring and Summer dress picks a while back and in the meantime have been wearing a few that I bought off the list, and I've since found a few more cute ones to share with you. Dresses are my go to this time of year, I'd much rather throw on a loose, flowy dress than pick out an outfit, especially when it gets really hot. These are all very affordable, I don't think there are any over $40.
Easter- this Amazon dress looked so pretty on my daughter, and I loved the green shirt dress. She's wearing a Small and mine runs very large, size down one or even two sizes. I'm typically a M but wearing a small with plenty of room left, could have done an XS. And just FYI the side slits dip up more than I'm used to, I'll probably sew them up just a bit so I'm not always worried about how high they are. The dress and color makes it worth it to me!
I ordered this dress from my earlier list and love it! The fabric is really nice and it's easy to dress up with heels and accessories or down with sandals. Again, runs large. I'm in a small and probably could have done an XS. (I wish H&M would size their "oversized" dresses more appropriately, their looser dresses generally always run big.) The neck opening dips a little lower than I prefer without wearing anything underneath so I sewed that closed a few inches, can't even tell!
I grabbed this super comfy maxi for a recent trip (sharing with you next week!) and absolutely loved wearing it. There's a huge selection of colors and patterns but this print reminded me of something I'd find at Kate Spade Lilly Pulitzer, for a fraction of the cost. I'm in my regular M for a comfortable loose fit. This dress also comes in a thin strap sundress version but I really like the short sleeves.
Mother's Day- I got the same shirt dress in three colors! Emily loves her dress too, she preferred to size up to a M just so the smocked bodice wouldn't be quite so tight. There's a wide variety of colors available in hers.
Purple Dress- This had a longer delivery and I didn't want to mess with a return so I sized up to a Large just to make sure it fit. Plenty of room, I'm confident I could have stayed with a M and it would have been fine. Super comfortable and long (I'm 5'7"). One heads up, it's polyester which is great for easy care and easy packing for travel, but still, polyester... I don't expect it to be a cool fabric on super hot days. Still happy with my purchase!
Orange Ruffle Strap Sundress- My girl is home for the Summer and we were running some errands on an early unseasonably hot day, so again I love a loose breezy dress option better than anything else! This one can be a little tricky for sizing because there's a LOT of fabric and would be tempting to size down, but you want the band across the chest to not be too tight. My regular M was just right and I receive so many compliments when I wear this one. The blue and white floral option is gorgeous in person and it comes in several other colors too.
Orange Dress || Hat || $13 Gold Plated Chunky Hoop Earrings || Gold Bracelets || Her belt bag- she and every one of her friends that have one as well love it, tons of color options
Road Trip- This week we made a quick day trip down and back to Dallas to visit friends (and hit a few of my usual stops there!). It's a long day and I wanted to wear something comfortable for 6 hours in the car, but something that looked nice for lunch and shopping/errands as well. This dress was perfect all day long. Again, it runs ridiculously large, I'm wearing an XS. The fabric is thin and lightweight but not sheer, but I still wore a half slip underneath just in case. 😉 And there's my new bag again!
This dress is similar but more true to size, have a V tie back
I started with wedges for lunch and switched into flat sandals and added a hat when I knew we'd be doing a lot a walking through the afternoon.
Hat- TJ Maxx but I have this one too and it's very similar || Shoes, past season
Never miss a post!
Subscribe to Dimples and Tangles and receive notice in your inbox each time a new post is published. Click here to subscribe!