The weather is starting to turn cooler, and our nights have been down in the twenties. I'm glad that we took time to get our outside chores done, even though I would have preferred to do some more camping in late October/early November.
Steve is finally feeling better from his head cold sinus thing of last week. Fortunately, knock on wood, I didn't get it at all! How is that? I always catch whatever he has. And I usually get it worse.
Well, as far as our French doors go, I had reached a point of indecision. We are waiting to get the electric power planer from Steve's Dad. We need to plane down two of the sides of the doors so they can close properly in the allowable space.
In the meantime, as mentioned in my last blog, I decided to cover all of the shiny brass caming strips with a layer of brown fingernail polish. I painstakingly painted all of the thin brass strips on one door and it took quite a while. As it dried, it was looking pretty good. But the problem is that you can still see the shiny brass part where are the brass channel meets meets the glass. There is no way to get the fingernail polish in that channel. Plus, it doesn't look right. To me it looks "messy".