Are you longing to spruce up your home but don’t know where to start? Check out this list of quick and easy DIY home decor projects to get your creative juices flowing.
Decorating your home is such a personal thing.
Inside should be things you love in a style that is perfectly you.
But what if you don't know what your decorating style is?
Below are simple DIY 20 home decor ideas to get you started! All you need to remember is if you love it, then it is for you!
More Home Decor Idea Posts:
Idea posts are awesome because they give you lots of ideas all in one place! Here are a few idea posts that I think you might like: 20 DIY Yarn Wall Hanging Crafts With Clear Instructions, 15 Rusty Bed Spring Crafts for Your Home, and 20 Ideas for Decorating with Maps.
Be sure to look around the blog for more home decor ideas!
Simply click on the image or title to be taken to the step-by-step tutorial.
1. Faux Ceramic Vases from Bits and Bites
I have seen these paint and baking powder vases on TikTok so often. It truly looks like a piece of pottery, I'm obsessed! Here are all the details on this Faux Ceramic Vases DIY project.
2. Last Name Established Handmade Sign from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Learn how to make this beautiful paper flower shadow box with a Cricut. The finished project makes a perfect personalized gift for any gift-giving event.
3. $5 Blanket Ladder from Her Tool Belt
A blanket ladder is one project that we use almost daily at this sherpa blanket-loving house. My kids are always toting one around, even in the summer. The blanket ladder makes a super easy place to hang blankets, and in my opinion, looks nice too. 🙂
4. Mirrored Wall From The Crafty Blog Stalker
Make your home feel larger by adding a Mirrored Wall.
5. Farmhouse Beaded Garland from Meagon Nichole
Let me show you how I took beads from Dollar Tree and turned them into this beautiful DIY Farmhouse Wooden Bead Garland!
6. Reclaimed Wood Tray from a Picture Frame from Anderson + Grant
Whether it is a broken-down piece of furniture or a random thrift store find, I enjoy seeing things for what they could become rather than what they are.
7. Vintage Nightstand from They DIY Dreamer
Learn how to give a vintage nightstand a new look with paint.
8. Wood Slice Chalkboard Clock from Making It In The Mountains
This is seriously the most simple project ever! Start with a plain ol’ wood slice of wood that you can get at a craft store.
9. Vintage Map Decoupage Letter from Mod Podge Rocks
Use Mod Podge, paint, and map scrapbook paper to make this unique decoupage letter for home decor. It’s easy to create your own with wooden or paper mache letters.
10. Make your own Designer Switchplates from A Piece of Rainbow
Most wall plates and light switch covers lack personality and flair. Yet it’s so easy to turn them into something special with very simple materials- paper and Mod Podge.
11. Ikea Hack Wood Mirror from Edea Smith
Add a beautiful wood frame to a simple Ikea mirror for an instant look upgrade.
12. Rattan Style Lamp Upcycle from Dossier
One of my favorite decor styles to DIY is using natural elements and fibers like wood, raffia, and clay. I’m so glad these elements are in major style lately, with decor following the rattan trend, coastal elements, and even a little bit of tribal designs.
13. DIY Chevron Wood Arrows from These Northern Roots
With over 20k repins on Pinterest, you know these distressed colors will look stunning on any wall in your home!
14. Paper Bird Garland from The Crafty Blog Stalker
If you're looking for a fun and easy DIY papercraft, why not try this super cute paper bird garland! Read on to find out how to make a paper bird garland.
15. Dollar Tree Wood Block Lanterns from Hometalk
Who doesn’t love a beautiful but affordable project? I LOVE the way these woodblock lanterns came out and ONLY $6!! So easy anyone can create them and they make the perfect indoor/outdoor centerpiece!
16. Wood Burned Spoons from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Wood Burned Spoons make a great handmade gift or personalize and keep to use yourself!
17. Round Jute Placemats from City Farmhouse
All you need for this project is ⅜″ jute and a hot glue gun.
18. DIY Wall Art with Wood Shims from Fiddle Leaf Interiors
This DIY Wall Art project is truly one of the EASIEST and QUICKEST ones you can do! Plus, because this DIY wall art is made with wood shims, it’s also SO inexpensive.
19. Sea Glass Wind Chimes from The Crafty Blog Stalker
Decorate your home with beautiful Sea Glass Wind Chimes made by you!
20. Modern House Number Sign from Pretty Handy Girl
A step-by-step tutorial on how to create a DIY modern house number sign that will update your home's curb appeal.
If you love these craft ideas please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest!
Our Crafting Essentials List:
- The Cricut Cutting Machine is easily our favorite crafting tool. We use it in so many of our tutorials!
- This Fiskars Paper Trimmer is easy to use and cuts nicely without frayed edges.
- These Scotch Precision Scissors cut like a dream and you get multiple pairs in a pack!
- Keep those started project supplies organized and separated with Stacking Plastic Baskets. I always work on more than 1 project at a time and these baskets really help me from losing supplies.
Follow The Crafty Blog Stalker
The post 20 Easy DIY Home Decor Projects You Can't Live Without appeared first on The Crafty Blog Stalker.